Stewart is the second-leading scorer in the WNBA and one of the most efficient players in the league. She is a dominant force on both ends of the court and is a major reason why the Liberty is currently one-game behind first-place Connecticut Sun in the Eastern Conference.
Triple-double watch for @breannastewart 👀🚨
— New York Liberty (@nyliberty) June 18, 2023
Stewart is also a proven winner. She has won two WNBA championships, two WNBA Finals MVP awards, and one WNBA MVP award. She is one of the most clutch players in the league, and she always seems to come up big in big games.
A few other players could challenge Stewart for the MVP award, such as A’ja Wilson (+400), Alyssa Thomas (+700), and Elena Delle Donne (+1000), all at DraftKings.
However, Stewart is the clear favorite at this point in the season. She is playing at an MVP level and is the leader of one of the best teams in the WNBA.
Here are some additional reasons why Breanna Stewart is the favorite to win the 2023 WNBA MVP award:
- Stewart is the second-leading scorer in the WNBA.
- Stewart is one of the most efficient players in the league.
- Stewart is a dominant force on both ends of the court.
- Stewart is a proven winner.
- Stewart is the leader of one of the best teams in the WNBA.
- If Stewart can continue to play at her current level, she will be a shoo-in for the MVP award. She is the best player in the WNBA and the leader of one of the best teams in the league. Stewart is poised to win her second MVP award in 2023.
Is Breeana Stewart a Good Bet to Win the 2023 WNBA Award?
Yes, Breeana Stewart is a good bet to win the 2023 WNBA MVP.
Stewart recently became the first woman in WNBA history to score 200 points, snag 100 caroms, and 40 assists through the first 10 games of the season.
Her impressive stat line of 28-14-7 Sunday night against the Phoenix Mercury solidified her place as the best player in the WNBA, and at age 28 might become the best WNBA player ever when she finally hangs up her sneakers.
The MVP is hers to win. The Liberty are one-game behind the Sun in the Eastern Conference standings, and the only thing that might prevent her from winning her second MVP is if Connecticut wins the East.
That could send some votes to Las Vegas Aces forward A’ja Wilson. A second-place Liberty finish would be the only reason for Stewart not to win the 2023 WNBA MVP.